Theme Plugin - Plugins Requiring Attention

Theme Plugin - Plugins Requiring Attention

by Arthur Fridrich -
Number of replies: 4

I've read through posts back to 2015, but not sure I found one that specifically addresses my issue, which was self induced by a novice.

I downloaded Classic from the site from Feb., running 3.7 Moodle with I understand had Classic in the core. Made some changes to the downloaded Classic. Tried installing it, then get the Plugins requiring attention message.

From other postings, can get back to the Plugin install page, but without a current Classic to install, it means nothing.

Can I find a current Classic somewhere? If not, what am I going to have to do to correct this issue?

Thanks....

Art 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arthur Fridrich

Re: Theme Plugin - Plugins Requiring Attention

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Classic is already in core M3.7 -https://github.com/moodle/moodle/tree/MOODLE_37_STABLE/theme/classic. ; But you're better off updating the entire Moodle core code or state specifically and 'exactly' the version in your version.php file in root then we can find the exact 'classic' code for that version if you're missing the theme itself.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Arthur Fridrich -
Gareth,

Good morning and thanks for responding. You are correct, Classic was in the core code. As a Moodle novice, I thought I was going to outsmart the system by downloading the previous Classic theme version from this site, rename the folder and add a new instance of Classic to customize for a course. Of course, when I trying installing the plugin, it failed and left me with the message. When I tried the Upgrade Moodle database now, I get:

Cannot downgrade theme_classic from 2019052000 to 2018120700.

More information about this error
Debug info:
Error code: cannotdowngrade
Stack trace:

line 672 of \lib\upgradelib.php: downgrade_exception thrown
line 1869 of \lib\upgradelib.php: call to upgrade_plugins()
line 694 of \admin\index.php: call to upgrade_noncore(),

then back to the Plugins requiring attention page.

I'm trying to prepare this environment for a demo and have done lots of work to make it ready, but I have no idea how to get back to the state of not seeing this page.

I hope this clarified what I've don't and hoping you or someone can help this lowly soul out of this scenario.

Best,
Art
In reply to Arthur Fridrich

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Art,

There is a 'way' you can convince Moodle that it has not already installed the theme at a certain version. Ok, try this at your own risk with the old code there, in the database:

1. Remove the row for 'theme_classic' - 'plugin' column where the 'name' column is 'version' in the 'config_plugins' table.
  2. Clear the 'value' of 'allversionhash' - 'name' column in the 'config' table.
Then 'Purge all caches'.  Moodle will then attempt to install your older version of the theme because it no longer knows about newer version of the theme.

Gareth
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Arthur Fridrich -
Gareth,

You're a good man. I appreciate your responses. I will try to do what you mentioned and see what happens!

Best,
Art