Creating a Hyperlink using MoodleCloud

Creating a Hyperlink using MoodleCloud

by Ahi Matsumoto -
Number of replies: 2

I am currently using moodlecloud 3.6.4 School mini. (First time user)
Thanks to Jon, I understand that I need to switch from MoodleCloud to Moodle.
Final struggle on keeping my MoodleCloud before switching to Moodle.
Is there a way to create a hyperlink with MoodleCloud?
If not, what are the steps that I need to transfer all the MoodleCloud formats to my new Moodle.
(Everything was setup and ready to start our new online school. Don't want to restart everything again.)
Hoping to hear from you soon.
Much obliged,

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ahi Matsumoto

Re: Creating a Hyperlink using MoodleCloud

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello. To clarify for others , you are referring to this forum discussion with Jon Bolton 

When you say "creating a hyperlink" what exactly do you need to do? Do you simply mean a hyperlink as I made above with the link to the other forum thread? Or do you mean another kind of link?

When you ask about the steps to transfer all the formats from MoodleCloud to your new hosted Moodle site, do you mean you want to move your courses? You can move your courses by using the back up and restore features. Watch the videos in these two documentation pages:

In reply to Ahi Matsumoto

Re: Creating a Hyperlink using MoodleCloud

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
And to further clarify, I didn’t say you needed to switch; simply that the plugin you wanted cannot be installed on MoodleCloud.

If you do switch though, follow the advice from Mary about backing up your content on MoodleCloud and then restoring it on to your Moodle site.

If you’ve already given out the link for your MoodleCloud site you can put a message on the front page with a link to the new site (and optionally, make all your courses hidden on MoodleCloud).