Questions based on topics or chapters

Re: Questions based on topics or chapters

by Rick Jerz -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Much depends on how the "large Questions bank" is organized. If your admin simply has one category with all these questions, for example, then it would be hard to do what I think you want to do. If the admin has arranged the "large Questions bank" by chapter, then it is much easier to do.
Parts of your question puzzle me. "He wants the students to construct..." So the students are going to create their own quizzes? I don't understand "tutorial" from your question. "prepared by him..." Who is "him"? The admin, student, instructor. "Automate the process..." I don't understand what you want to automate.
Others here on Moodle.org might have a better grasp of what you are trying to do. I wanted to reply to you just in case others don't understand, just like me.
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Qusai Tamimi -
Thanks Rick for your reply.
Yes all questions are arranged by chapters. for instance each chapter has 100 questions.
Students will not create their own questions. However, they need to be able to select chapters that fits their own curriculum during  enrollment.
Accordingly moodle will provide each student with a course package that fits his selected chapters.
I am looking for a plugin that can do this without intervention of the website (or course ) admin and this what I meant with process automation.
To be clear; students from different institutes who study same textbook, may have different coverage from institute to other. Hence, I want students of each institute to be able to direct moodle (perhaps through a wizard or a checklist) to pickup items fallen under specific material that fits their coverage of the textbook.

Again, thank you for your time.
In reply to Qusai Tamimi

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
It appears that you want the students to select, and not the instructor.

Might you consider providing all, let's say, 30 chapters of quizzes to every student and simply say, "Pick which chapter quizzes you want to attempt?" Also, let's say one student says "I only want to do Chapter 2," and another student says "I want to do all 30 chapters." How are you "grading?" Or is grading not significant?