Attendance Grading Question

Attendance Grading Question

by Kerry Pinny -
Number of replies: 0

Good afternoon everyone,

I have a colleague who wants to create the following in Moodle using the attendance plugin. I just want to check that I am not missing something obvious.

My colleague has students attending a variety of voluntary workshops. If they mark themselves as having attended X% of the workshops available, they are given a badge. There's no obvious functionality to do exactly this with the attendance plugin.

I began to look at using grading to assign x points if the student attended. If they received x points, that would be enough to receive the badge. Unfortunately, the attendance plugin offers only manual or automatic activity completion based on "Student must receive a grade to complete this activity". 

Because of the activity completion settings, attendance won't work for this purpose as the students only need to receive a grade (passing grade or not) to be marked as complete. So, we've used the checklist plugin instead.

It leads to my question. Does attendance provide the "Points over taken sessions" or "Percentage over taken sessions" to the gradebook?

Many thanks,
Kerry

Average of ratings: -