Responsiv Mediaelementaudio

Responsiv Mediaelementaudio

by Kaspar Bredahl Rasmussen -
Number of replies: 8
I use the filter mediaelementaudio giving the students an easy opportunity to download the audio.

To make a responsive version (the standard 400 width is too big for smaller mobile screens) I have done the following:

<div class="d-none d-md-block">
{POODLL:type="mediaelementaudio_cdn",VIDEOURL="xxx",WIDTH="650"}
</div>

<div class="d-none d-sm-block d-md-none">
{POODLL:type="mediaelementaudio_cdn",VIDEOURL="xxx",WIDTH="450"}
</div>

<div class="d-block d-sm-none">
{POODLL:type="mediaelementaudio_cdn",VIDEOURL="xxx",WIDTH="300"}
</div>

Is functions fine as html in ATTO.
I would like to do a new filter doing the same. But when I try to do it with mediaelementaudio_cdn as a template then the audio disappears.

Any suggestions to how this can be fixed?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kaspar Bredahl Rasmussen

Re: Responsiv Mediaelementaudio

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Can you attach your template here, so I can try it out?
In reply to Justin Hunt

Hi Justin,

After a night sleep I actually solved it in an easier way. I just created a CSS class with max-width:100% that keeps the player within the screen on a mobil phone as well.

My original take was to do like this:

<div class="d-none d-md-block">

<audio id="@@AUTOID@@" src="@@VIDEOURL@@" width="@@WIDTH@@" height="@@HEIGHT@@" class="nomediaplugin breddemax " preload="auto"'></audio>

<a id="@@AUTOID@@_download_button" class="@@CANDOWNLOAD@@ nomediaplugin"  href="@@VIDEOURL@@" download >Download</a>

</div>

<div class="d-none d-sm-block d-md-none">

<audio id="@@AUTOID@@" src="@@VIDEOURL@@" width="450" height="@@HEIGHT@@" class="nomediaplugin breddemax " preload="auto"'></audio>

<a id="@@AUTOID@@_download_button" class="@@CANDOWNLOAD@@ nomediaplugin"  href="@@VIDEOURL@@" download >Download</a>

</div>

<div class="d-block d-sm-none">

<audio id="@@AUTOID@@" src="@@VIDEOURL@@" width="300" height="@@HEIGHT@@" class="nomediaplugin breddemax " preload="auto"'></audio>

</div>

I don't know if the same AUTOID confused it ...

In reply to Justin Hunt

On a small iphone s5 screen the show is NOT perfect though. 

by Justin Hunt -
Its quite tricky to fiddle with this. The MediaElement CSS does its own job of making it responsive, if you let it.
https://github.com/mediaelement/mediaelement/blob/master/docs/usage.md#use-stretching-modes
I did this by adding:
style="max-width: 100%; width: 100%;"
to the audio player tags. I attached the bundle.

And it shrinks quite nicely on my phone, though on my iphone simulator it looks like what you displayed.
However the audio player becomes really wide(100%) when its in a wider area, and setting a max-width to a fixed value doesn't help.
Sorry not to be more help here.
In reply to Justin Hunt

That’s Strange. The max-width didn’t function before I put there as a class. Before that it was keeping the 400px (or the setting of the user) also on mobile phones. 

After I added the class everything is fine (expect for the insufficient space for displaying the number on one line). 

Sorry, now I understood that you did a “new” version. It’s nearly the same approach as in mine bundle smile

by Justin Hunt -
Yes I removed the width attribute on the player.
smile
In reply to Justin Hunt

Btw. I had a problem with the showing of the shadow player in a Moodle Quiz (a poodle question) The player was jumping outside the box!

And I solved this by adding this to the CSS:

.poodll_status_shadow {

display: none;

}

Attachment Skærmbillede 2019-08-07 kl. 15.11.13.png