How do you hide filter, sort and view buttons from the course overview block?

How do you hide filter, sort and view buttons from the course overview block?

by Joshua Jones -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, I am using Moodle 3.7.1 and the theme Adaptable. I am trying to hide the buttons in the dashboard block 'course overview' encircled in this screenshot:

If there isn't a setting to do this then I would be happy to edit the PHP out, but being fairly new to Moodle I don't know where to find it. Any help would be much appreciated! 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joshua Jones

Re: How do you hide filter, sort and view buttons from the course overview block?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Joshua,

There's no setting for removing options from the course overview block, however why not just use a different block such as the Recently accessed courses block?

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: How do you hide filter, sort and view buttons from the course overview block?

by Joshua Jones -
Thanks, Helen that's really helpful and I will definitely do that.
In reply to Joshua Jones

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In the CustomCSS setting (or RawSCSS on other themes) add

div.d-flex[aria-label="Course overview controls"] {display:none !important;}
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Joshua Jones -
Thanks Richard. Your last two comments have helped me understand how Moodle works a lot better.