SCORM in Moodle App: deactivate second Play-Button?

SCORM in Moodle App: deactivate second Play-Button?

by Jaqueline Schulz -
Number of replies: 2

Hi alltogether,

I am using SCORM packages made with Articulate in our Moodle and it is working fine. But I am wondering about the appearance in the app. I have to click 3 times in the app to see the content.

1. clicking on activity in course
  2. click on start to load the package (see image)
  3. press play-button (black background and title shown, see 2nd image)
That is too much clicking for me.

In the desktop version it is starting directly after one click from the course (with the setting: Skip overview page), no black background and play button. There is also no play-button built into articulate.

So I don't understand why there is this an extra play button. Can I deactivate it somehow?

Hopefully someone has an idea. I couldn't find some information in the forums. We are using moodle desktop 3.5 and moodle app 3.7

Attachment 01.png
Attachment 02.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jaqueline Schulz

Re: SCORM in Moodle App: deactivate second Play-Button?

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers

For the last play-button, that's something that's built into Articulate's HTML5 output. It's related to the security settings on mobile devices, the browser requires user interaction before it will load the module assets.

See https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/html5-mobile-play-button-to-start-in-storyline-360 for more discussion on this from the Articulate side.

The 2nd start button is always a bit annoying also, but I think it is possible to disable it for students, atleast in the desktop version, with the "Student skip content structure page" setting? Not sure about the mobile version

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mathew Gancarz

Re: SCORM in Moodle App: deactivate second Play-Button?

by Jaqueline Schulz -
Thanks for your prompt reply. I see, I will follow up the discussion in articulate.
There seems to be no (easy) possibilty to remove one of the buttons. I already checked the box for "skip overview page" and is working fine in desktop (students) but not in the app.