Timeline block improvement - showing year info for events

Timeline block improvement - showing year info for events

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I have recently found a potential source of confusion when viewing forthcoming events in the Timeline.

Because the year of the event is not shown, if the "ALL" filter is used and the list includes deadlines extending way into the future (next year, the following years, etc.), the display may confuse: we can see see an event due in April that, apparently, **follows** one taking place in August, for example. This is not a bug - it's because that the April event pertains, say, to 2020 while the July one to 2019.

I think displaying the year info can increase clarity and speed of processing of the Timeline deadlines.

There is a mild code improvement suggested in the Tracker that could help insert the year info - if interested, please VOTE for https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-64064 .

Thanks.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

Re: Timeline block improvement - showing year info for events

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks Przemek for creating MDL-64064 and for investigating the best possible fix. Your annotated screenshots are great! I've voted for the issue to be fixed!

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Timeline block improvement - showing year info for events

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Thank you, Helen. Your vote is very much appreciated !