Transpose Adaptable theme settings to a new site

Transpose Adaptable theme settings to a new site

by Larry Elchuck -
Number of replies: 3

I have updated a Moodle 3.4 site to 3.7 and have opted to use the Adaptable theme to replace Aardvark. I have a group of settings that I modified on an initial  beta of a month-old build of my 3.4 -->3.7 updated site. Having massaged the settings for Adaptable on this initial 3.7 beta, is there an easy way to transpose those settings to a more current build of the 3.4-->3.7 update of a Moodle installation, without having to redo each one manually?

For the record, I did try dumping  the table entries of the  mdl_config_plugins for the adaptable theme from my initial  3.7 beta, and inserting them into the newer build (based on the current Moodle 3.4 database that I am upgrading) of the 3.7 database but the theme still appears to revert to the default settings.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Larry Elchuck

Re: Transpose Adaptable theme settings to a new site

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Please, follow the forum rules.

Post the Adaptable and moodle versions (major and minor)

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
So Adaptable has made some major changes between 3.4 and 3.7 as has moodle. Messing with the database is probably not the best idea but did you purge caches after making the entries? You might look at the admin_presets plugin...

by Jez H -

Hi Larry,

Adaptable has an "import / export settings" page in the admin section designed for this scenario.

There will be differences between 3.4 and 3.7 so some clean up will be required but it will never the less be quicker than doing them individually.

I would suggest you dump your existing 3.7 settings and save those as a text file before importing the 3.4 settings, that way if it all goes horribly wrong you can get back to your working settings within a few seconds.