Request: Import CSV slots

Request: Import CSV slots

by Juli MacArthur -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

We have a large number of Tutors and slots on various dates and this process is incredibly heavy on setting it up.

It would be hugely beneficial to be able to import a CSV with some of the data to create slots. eg: Date, time, slot length and Tutor.

Our tutorials aren't on the same date or time so using repeated slots means we create repeated slots and then have to then change the date. If we're doing this for say 15 tutors, who have 3 slots a day 3 times a week on different days it's pure insanity!

Any ideas? Would this be possible, if so, how much it cost to develop this?

Thanks,

Juli

Average of ratings; -
In reply to Juli MacArthur

Re: Request: Import CSV slots

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Juli
this request has been raised by others (CONTRIB-5533, you might want to add your thoughts there) but it hasn't been massively popular and we don't have a need for it in our own installation, hence it's not currently on my priority list.
Gest wishes
Henning
In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Juli MacArthur -
HI Henning,

Thanks, I've added my request to the link you provided. As we are creating multiple (60+) non-repeated dated slots for over 100 Schedulers this would have a huge impact on our ability to use the plugin as doing this manually takes hours over a number of days.

We would like to, if possible, discuss possible costs to develop this and/or waiting lists if you would be open to this.

Thanks again,

Juli
In reply to Juli MacArthur

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Juli

I'm afraid I'm not in the position to offer paid development.

If you find some developer to write this as custom code for you, I can look at integrating it into the main Scheduler code. (No guarantees, but this model has worked before.)

Otherwise, I'll implement the feature if and when and I get to it - as far as feature requests don't relate to our local installation, I'm essentially working on them in my spare time. There is no official waiting list that I keep to.

Best wishes

Henning

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

by Juli MacArthur -
Hi Henning,

Thanks for letting me know. I'll see if I can field this with a dev and see where I get.

Thanks again for developing this plugin, it's so very useful to us here!

Best,

Juli