Certs being assigned to all users regardless of completion

Certs being assigned to all users regardless of completion

by Niall Sheehan -
Number of replies: 2

We have been replacing the old cert module with the Custom Cert Module, on the two courses we've tested with all enrolled users have a cert when we check, even if the status is not complete. As well when we add the CCM to a course all users are being emailed as soon as the module is assigned again regardless of their completion. Why is this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Niall Sheehan

Re: Certs being assigned to all users regardless of completion

by Ray Hinton -
Have you set up any access restrictions for the certificate module?

When you enable the email option, a certificate will be issued and emailed to all users who can access the certificate. If the certificate is not set to "Hide", and it does not have any restriction on it (grade, date, activity completion, etc.), then it is available for students to access.

This section of the documentation describes in a little more detail: https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Custom_certificate_module#Email_students.2Fteachers.2Fothers
In reply to Ray Hinton

Re: Certs being assigned to all users regardless of completion

by Ray Hinton -
I've only just started using this plugin myself, so I am going to think out loud a bit: I wonder how this behaves if you try other ways of "hiding" the certificate. What if you hide the section it is in? What if you hide the course, or the course category?