Smaller font + spacing using CSS

Smaller font + spacing using CSS

by Pieterjan Heyse -
Number of replies: 4
I'd like to reduce the font size and spacing in my moodle site (http://siw.ksgwl.be). I managed to copy the right files to my own theme and set them in config.php, but now I need to know the right css class, right?

How do you guys figure this out, because the files are huge...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pieterjan Heyse

Re: Smaller font + spacing using CSS

by Jan Dierckx -

Asking the guys is never a good idea, as Helen is almost always the quickest one to answer such questions wink

But it seems most of the guys and girls busy with CSS use the Web Developer Extension for Firefox.

Another solution is this Greasemonkey script

In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Pieterjan,

In addition to Jan's suggestions, you may like to try Chameleon - an Interactive Moodle Theme. Please check MoodleDocs Chameleon for an explanation of how it may be used to help make changes to your existing theme. smile
In reply to Helen Foster

by Pieterjan Heyse -
Sorry girls, force of habit - need to change it .... I'll try these things out today. Thanks
In reply to Helen Foster

by Pieterjan Heyse -
Ok,
tried it, and I figured out I need the "td.courseboxcontent" , so I added this in styles_fonts.css :
td.courseboxcontent {
font-size: 0.6em;
}
but moodle doesn't show these changes.

Things I did :
changed config.php : $THEME->sheets = array('gradients','styles_fonts','styles_layout');
and I copied the corresponding .css files into the themes/mytheme directory. this should override the parent theme, right?

After trying harder this did the trick :
.course .name {
  font-size:0.8em;
}
but .... the spacing between two course names is still the same, not resulting in a smaller overview list, just a smaller font. Can someone please tell me what css property defines the space between 2 course names?