Distribute 100 points among your group mates

Distribute 100 points among your group mates

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi there,

We're trying to bring to Moodle the peer-assessment and rubrics currently carried out on paper and spreadsheets, and found this case scenario: once a group task is finished, a peer assessment is done where each group member has to give credit to their team mates' work distributing 100 points among them (the better work a mate did he/she should receive more points). It makes sense because making them divide the points avoids the temptation of inflating each others' grades.

My first thought was to use the workshop to accomplish this, but I haven't found an easy way to do that. I can make groups, create a workshop, allocate group mates to each group member and give just one criterion up to 100 points, but I can't control that all the points shared make 100. On the other hand, when assessing, the students can't see all the group members at the same time, so it's also more difficult for them to check that they are doing it right.

So my questions is basically this: is there any better way to do this with the workshop module or somewhere else in Moodle (even with plugins)?

I guess this could be partially achieved with a specific workshop evaluation plugin, but that kind of development is out of scope for us.

Cheers.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai

Re: Distribute 100 points among your group mates

by Erik Jentges -
The workshop activity can't handle it. Check spliddit.org and dvsn.app to see if those tools can help you out.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Erik Jentges

Er: Re: Distribute 100 points among your group mates

by Iñigo Zendegi Urzelai -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thank you for answering, Erik!

I've been looking at the "assign credit" tool of spliddit.org and it seems just what we need, although we want to do it within Moodle triste