Questionnaire permissions

Questionnaire permissions

by sallyann wales -
Number of replies: 2

hi,

I have a questionnaire that I want only staff to be able to fill in (to refer students for a mentor). 

In the participants staff have been assigned to a group called "chemistry staff" and the questionnaire restrict access setting was set to only allow members of the group chemistry staff to answer. However if I click on the questionnaire it still says I am not eligible to answer. 

I think this is because staff aren't usually eligible to answer questionnaires. I looked at the questionnaire permission settings and "complete and submit a questionnaire" was set to student and manager. I think i need to add teacher to this list but when i click on the plus sign to allow role it only says student or non-editing teacher. I want to be able to answer the questionnaire even though I am an editing teacher! 

Any ideas or work arounds?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to sallyann wales

Re: Questionnaire permissions

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That's how you do it. You use the permission setting to add "teacher" to the "mod/questionnaire:submit" permission. This works. Are you sure you have the "teacher" role existing? Is it already added? This is what I see when I click the "+" button on the permission:

Screenshot of adding role to permission.
In reply to Mike Churchward

Re: Questionnaire permissions

by sallyann wales -

Thanks for the reply. Glad I figured out what I am supposed to do at least! 

When I click the plus I don't see all the options you have - I only have student and non-editing teacher. 

We do have an institution Moodle person so I will ask him now, I just wanted to try and fix it by myself!