How to calculate the execution time to insert data into moodle

How to calculate the execution time to insert data into moodle

by Md. Touhidul Islam -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All

I have successfully authenticated user from another database table (users) using “external database authentication method” which is working fine.

I have authenticated more than 1000 + user’s data. So they can login in moodle platform.

Now, when the users are login into moodle platform and their data are inserted in moodle user table (mdl_user), so there may need some execution time to insert data.

In that case, how can I calculate the execution time to insert data into moodle?

I m waiting for your response.

Thanks

Touhid

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Md. Touhidul Islam

Re: How to calculate the execution time to insert data into moodle

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Borderline scope for these forums, me thinks ... but ... if using MySQL (you didn't say) take a look at:

https://www.percona.com/blog/2008/04/22/how-to-estimate-query-completion-time-in-mysql/

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by Md. Touhidul Islam -

Hi Ken

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using MySQL database.

Can you pls brief me where and how can i run Handler_read_rnd_next in Moddle ?

Thanks

Touhid

In reply to Md. Touhidul Islam

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Dunno what you mean ... 'run Handler_read_rnd_next' in Moodle.   It's a setting for server, isn't it?

5.7.26 version of MySQL has these as defaults:

| Handler_commit                                | 1860100                                          |
| Handler_delete                                | 56806                                            |
| Handler_discover                              | 0                                                |
| Handler_external_lock                         | 5014047                                          |
| Handler_mrr_init                              | 0                                                |
| Handler_prepare                               | 0                                                |
| Handler_read_first                            | 605784                                           |
| Handler_read_key                              | 6061990                                          |
| Handler_read_last                             | 18536                                            |
| Handler_read_next                             | 800576                                           |
| Handler_read_prev                             | 47989                                            |
| Handler_read_rnd                              | 3876514                                          |
| Handler_read_rnd_next                         | 23754372                                         |
| Handler_rollback                              | 0                                                |
| Handler_savepoint                             | 0                                                |
| Handler_savepoint_rollback                    | 0                                                |
| Handler_update                                | 296930                                           |
| Handler_write                                 | 440991

mysqladmin -u root -p ext stat var > mysqlsettings.txt

Maybe this will help?

https://www.percona.com/blog/2010/06/15/what-does-handler_read_rnd-mean/

'SoS', Ken