Ad-hoc database queries: I got always: "This query has not yet been run."

Ad-hoc database queries: I got always: "This query has not yet been run."

by Carlos Eduardo Angarita Marquez -
Number of replies: 6

Hello. 

When I was using Moodle 3.6 the plugin Ad-hoc database queries was working fine.

We did recently an upgrade from Moodle 3.6 to Moodle 3.63   (Build: 20190311) and did a migration from http to https

Actually our Moodle 3.6.3 is working fine with https, only have one problem,  the plugin Ad-hoc database queries is failing.  When we tray execute any query (with parameters or without parameter) always we got a message "This query has not yet been run.".

We did a plugin full uninstallation and then we did a reinstallation of  last version Ad-hoc database queries, but nothing change. 

When we try run a query (any query) the plugin make request for query's parameters values, but then always show the same result:  A message "This query has not yet been run."

Any can help me. 

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Carlos Eduardo Angarita Marquez

Re: Ad-hoc database queries: I got always: "This query has not yet been run."

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Have all your queries somehow got set to be run on a schedule rather than run manually?
In reply to Tim Hunt

Hi Tim
All queries is configurated for run as demand. We have not any query set to be run on a schedule.
The message "This query has not yet been run." is showed when we tray run queries with parameters or without parameters.
When we try run a query (any query) the plugin make request for query's parameters values, but then always show the same result: A message "This query has not yet been run."
Thanks

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Yes. It is a mystery. I thought that message only appeared for scheduled queries. I wonder if settings Debugging to developer level would reveal anything?
In reply to Tim Hunt

Hello Tim.

The problem is solved!
I will describe how was solved.

1. I did activation of debuging mode to DEVELOPER MODE on:
Home>Site administration>Development>Debugging
2. When I open
Home>Site administration>Reports>Ad-hoc database queries>
was showed a message:
Notice: date_default_timezone_set(): Timezone ID '-05:00' is invalid in /home/public_html/**/lib/classes/date.php on line 121

3. I did correction of time zone on:
Home>Site administration>Location>Location settings

After this time zone correction the all queries are working fine.

I hope this information be useful for others.

Bye.
Average of ratings: Useful (3)

by Tim Hunt -
Well done for working that out.

I am now trying to think why that setting affects whether reports work or not!
In reply to Tim Hunt

Hello Tim.

Thanlks for all. Your plugin Ad-hoc database queries, is amazing useful. Absolutelly vital for Moodle administrators.

Bye