core_plugin/err_unknown_plugin

core_plugin/err_unknown_plugin

by Gideon Wentink -
Number of replies: 4

Good day. I hope I am in the right place. I am on Moodle 3.6 and tried to install the plugin “Custom certificate” which I did not succeed in. I then deleted the plugin (I think). I tried to do a new installation of the plugin but now I can't access my site administration. I constantly get the following message: core_plugin/err_unknown_plugin

I have no idea how to fix this.

Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gideon Wentink

Re: core_plugin/err_unknown_plugin

by Sean Marx -
Picture of Testers
Hi
I go this issue when installing the Custom Certificate plugin on a site where the DB collation was UTF8. When cancelling the installation of the plugin at the bottom of the page, I got that error. I SSH'd onto the server and cleared the but that did not help.

What did work for me was uploading the plugin with FTP and refreshing the site. The site loaded and I could then once more cancel the installation of the plugin next to the plugins name, and everything returned to normal.
In reply to Sean Marx

by Ben Butler -

I suffered from this issue. I installed both of the certificate plugins and everything seemed to be working fine until a couple of days later - when I went to site admin, I got the core_plugin/err_unknown_plugin error screen - so I couldn't access any of the site admin, but the front page courses were still working. I looked into trying to uninstall the plugins via ftp / command line which all seemed too complicated and dangerous. I had recently upgraded Moodle and noticed there was a minor upgrade available so I let installatron upgrade (from 3.9 to 3.9.1). This seems to have fixed the issue. Hopefully now I'll be able to uninstall the certificate plugins that have caused the issue.

In reply to Ben Butler

by Ben Butler -
actually - the certificate plugins are gone. Maybe the upgrade removed them. Weird - but good.
In reply to Gideon Wentink

by Yuri Lima -
I have the same issue... I don't know how solve this