xsltproc for Blackboard restore

xsltproc for Blackboard restore

by Aaron Spike -
Number of replies: 3
I've seen a few mentions of people troubled by having to recompile php to gain xslt support and I wonder why it isn't possible to use an external xslt processor instead. I wrote a quick working test as I mentioned at http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=25107&parent=166423 (the file is attached to that post).

In order for this to be accepted as a patch I figure I need to at least provide some more discriminating tests to determine if xsltproc is used. And it would probably be more helpful if the processor path, command name and arguments were configurable by the user. Could anyone offer suggestions as to how they think this should work?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Aaron Spike

Re: xsltproc for Blackboard restore [Code]

by Aaron Spike -
Posting code in hope of attracting comments. wink

It would be nice to support other command line processors and those installed in non-standard location, but this patch would do everything I need.

What needs to happen for this to be commited to cvs?
In reply to Aaron Spike

Re: xsltproc for Blackboard restore

by Lance Woods -
Aaron,

Thank you for this snippet of code! I tried over half the day to get xslt support into php on a RedHat box and it would successfully compile, and I could find xslt support built into it, but Apache just would not see my compiled php so I am stuck with the rpm.

I have imported two courses so far and while they aren't as "pretty" as others would like them to be on our system, it still beats creating all of this from scratch.
I wish I knew more on customization so I could help you with the script!

Thanks again!

Lance