checknet.txt is requested infinitely

checknet.txt is requested infinitely

by Andrey Kladiti -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone.

We have a SCORM package installed on our Moodle portal, and here is the problem we have faced. Some people start this training course successfully, but some don't: they only see course loading cursor for hours and hours. After I had turned on Browser developer tools I saw this activity:

And it never stops.

Could anyone please tell me what this problem might be connected with? Of course I will provide any extra information if it is needed.

Our Moodle version is 3.4.2 (Build: 20180319), Server platform: Windows Server 2012 R2, IIS, MS SQL Server2012).

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrey Kladiti

Re: checknet.txt is requested infinitely

by Andrey Kladiti -
Looks like the problem has been solved by uploading another format of package. Moodle admin had previously uploaded ver. 2004, but then we changed it to 1.2.
In reply to Andrey Kladiti

Re: Re: checknet.txt is requested infinitely

by Mathew Gancarz -
Picture of Core developers
Glad to hear you got it resolved! The checknet.text behaviour you saw is actually normal and by design. It's a 'ping' to check if the person still has network connectivity and if they lose network connectivity, it shows them a message warning them their progress in the module may not be saved, since the SCORM package may not be able to write back to Moodle.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)