Group choice : redirection after the choice ?

Group choice : redirection after the choice ?

by pitou col -
Number of replies: 2

Hello 

Is it possible to add to the group choice activity a way to redirect students after they've made their choice ?

When using it with my students, I saw that after choice completion, it wasn't intuitive for them to return to the course main page. 

It may be useful to redirect to another location after that choice. 

Thanks for your answers.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to pitou col

Re: Group choice : redirection after the choice ?

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I haven't tried this and don't necessarily recommend it...but you might be able to go to the language pack for the choice and add in some text that adds to the 'Your choice has been saved' text directing them to the course page. this would apply to every choice in every course across the site. You might be able to add something that actually adds a link to the course home page but I wouldn't want to guess about how that would work...
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Re: Group choice : redirection after the choice ?

by pitou col -
Hey Mélanie
thanks for your answer. Your solution seems difficult to manage for us, as we would like the teachers to manage themselves this redirection, and as it could be as many redirection as courses.
An automatic redirection would be great, but even a short text area would be better than nothing.
As was wondering if it could be an evolution of that great module, but before asking it that way, I wanted to be sure that I haven't miss something.