Moodle documentation: Using excertps from Jason's books in MoodleDocs

Moodle documentation: Using excertps from Jason's books in MoodleDocs

by Gustav W Delius -
Number of replies: 2
The book Using Moodle by Jason Cole has many sections that would suit perfectly as a starting point for MoodleDocs. While I was working on the quiz module rewrite last year I used Jason's book as a basis for the user documentation for that new version and it saved me a lot of work. Jason has generously published his book under the creative commons attribution, non-commercial use license. I don't know precisely how compatible that is with the  GNU Free Documentation License used by MoodleDocs (and Wikipedia). 
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: Using excerpts from Jason's books in MoodleDocs

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Gustav,

Thanks for your suggestion. Jason has very kindly emailed me his book to use in MoodleDocs. A big THANK YOU to Jason! approve
In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Using excerpts from Jason's books in MoodleDocs

by Gustav W Delius -
Jason, thank you very much for allowing us to use your book on MoodleDocs.

I have created a template that we should include on any page on which we use an excerpt from your book. You may want to edit the template. It links to another page about your book. Please put more information about it there if you like.