Problems with show/hide blocks on the Dashboard

Problems with show/hide blocks on the Dashboard

by Kasper Heidemann -
Number of replies: 1

Hey Moodlers.

So as you can see from the headline, i'm having problems with hiding/showing specific blocks on the Dashboard.

We have some blocks we want to show to students and some for teachers. I've made two separate system roles for both students and teachers, and set the permissions for these roles. I've also tried to Assign roles to the specific blocks in diffirent combinations, with no luck. I've tried pretty much everything that is suggested in this thread: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=359407

I have an inkling that it's not pushing a proper Default Dashboard. I base this on that i've tried the, Site admin > Appearance > Default Dashboard page, set the proper permissions on the correct blocks, Reset Dashboard for all users. Then when i then go to the Dashboard and check the permissions, nothings been changed. When i then go back to the Default Dashboard page, the permissions are as i set them.

We are using Moodle 3.6.3 with a theme called Space 1.4.5(If that has any relevance)

I hope you guys can help, since we are launcing in a little under two weeks :/

Best regards.

Kasper Heidemann

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kasper Heidemann

Re: Problems with show/hide blocks on the Dashboard

by Anthony Rimmer -
Hi Kasper,

I'm afraid I can't offer a solution, although I can tell you that the permissions I set on a block within default dashboard do not show on a users' dashboard either (Moodle 3.5).

I've tested this on our custom theme and Boost.

After further reading, I came across this in the Moodle Tracker: