Short Answer with Multiple Answers

Short Answer with Multiple Answers

by Andrea Ziesmann -
Number of replies: 5

Hi there, 

I am having trouble choosing a question type that would best suit this question & answer.  

Q:  Name two common presenting conditions where an exposure history is useful to assist in diagnosis

Possible Answers: pre-conception exposures, prenatal exposures, rash, new onset asthma, exacerbation asthma, exacerbation COPD, new or worsening arrythmia, worsening angina, eye irritation, throat irritation, allergic rhinitis, unexplained worsening symptoms, non-specific symptoms such as fatigue, headache

If the student writes any two answers above then they will score 100%. 

How can I do this? 

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrea Ziesmann

Re: Short Answer with Multiple Answers

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can look at the new additional Essay (auto-grade) question type.

It can easily auto-grade the answers you wrote (50% points each) and the teacher will be able to check any new valid answers.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Germán Valero

by Andrea Ziesmann -

This is great! Thank you Germán!

In reply to Andrea Ziesmann

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Andrea,

I think I can illustrate your question in the Essay (auto-grade documentation.

In reply to Germán Valero

by Hannah Watts -

Hi Andrea and Germán, 

Just picking up on your conversation thread above - I am also trying to do this with three answers from the five listed below. Do you know if there is a way to do this without the plugin mentioned above? 

Many thanks in advance for your time. 

Hannah

Name 3 functions of bones?

1. Protection

2. Support

3. Mineral storage

4. Movement

5. Production of blood cells

In reply to Hannah Watts

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

This is not an ideal solution, but if you’re limited about installing plugins or different questions types, you could have 5 answers and use the wildcard option:

*protection*
*support*
*storage*
*movement*
*produc*blood cells*

The wildcard before and after the word allows a student to list 1-5 in any order (or list any one, or indeed three, of the five). The last option allows “produce blood cells” and “production of blood cells”

Remember that the student doesn’t know IF you’re going to use the wildcard functionality, or WHERE you might be using it.

Or use a different question type wink