I've graded an assignment but it is not shown in the gradebook.

I've graded an assignment but it is not shown in the gradebook.

by Michael Buchanan -
Number of replies: 5

I am using Moodle 3.5.1.  I have an assignment activity which I have graded but the grade does not get reflected in the gradebook.  In the image below, it says the grade is 94 out of 100 but that current grade in gradebook is 0.  The second image shows the grade item in the gradebook.  I can set an override grade but I'm wondering why they are not being displayed automatically.

Thanks for your help!

Assignement graded

Notice the feedback does show up correctly in the gradebook but not the grade.

Item in gradebook

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Buchanan

Re: I've graded an assignment but it is not shown in the gradebook.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

On the grader report page, is the grade item shaded orange?  It is possible someone has overridden the grade in the past and not cleared it correctly.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Michael Buchanan -

Hi Emma,

No, there is no orange.  There was and I removed all the overides.  Here is what the grader report currently looks like.  The Research paper is the one that has grades in the actual assignment which are not showing.

grader report

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Go to the View All Submissions page from the assignment.  Select all and Save Changes - see if that updates the gradebook.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Michael Buchanan -

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried it and no luck.  I'm stumped.  I have another assignment in the same course with the same settings (as far as I can tell) and on that one, the grading works as expected.  I think I might just have to tell my teacher to override the grades in the gradebook.

Re: Re: I've graded an assignment but it is not shown in the gradebook.

by Jennifer Farrell -
Hi Michael,

Check if the assignment is set up using Marking Workflow (Via the assignment settings) when you edit the assignment. If Marking workflow is enabled then you may first need to "Release" grades via View Submissions before the grades will be visible in the Gradebook.

Jennifer
Average of ratings: Useful (1)