Installation steps for Configurable Reports on moodle 3.7

Installation steps for Configurable Reports on moodle 3.7

by Sheick Jaufuraully -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

i've just found out about this awesome plugin as we been struggling to pull our good reports previously. 

I managed to install the plugin, after installation i have a page coming with multiple fields to fill in, can anyone please give me examples of what goes in those fields. And do i need to fill all those fields? I have attached the images please have a look, I think page 4 might be more relevant from what i can see as it asks for the data base host details etc. 

Many Thanks

Configurable report database information

Attachment Confi Report page 1.jpg
Attachment Confi Report page 2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sheick Jaufuraully

Re: Installation steps for Configurable Reports on moodle 3.7

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

You only need to fill in those DB HOST, DB NAME, etc. fields if you are connecting to an external database. If you only have one database - your main Moodle database - then leave them blank.

Then add the Configurable Reports block to your Moodle front page and you'll be ready to start creating reports.

So leave those defaults in your screenshots and you should be able to start creating reports with the defaults.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Sheick Jaufuraully -

Hi Luis,

would you happen to know how i could access a custom field which i created on moodle registration page on SQL report?

Many Thanks

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

A bit late... but something like this maybe???

Your custom fields are stored in the mdl_user_info_data table, so join that table to the mdl_user table (and any other tables you want).

Example:
SELECT
    u.username,
    u.lastname,
    uid.data AS yourcustomfield
FROM mdl_user u
INNER JOIN mdl_user_info_data uid ON u.id = uid.userid
WHERE uid.fieldid = 1 -- Use 1 if this is the first custom field you've created
AND uid.data LIKE N'something'
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Sheick Jaufuraully -

Thank you Luis. 

I have one more question if you can assist. In the basic moodle report which comes by default, we can see the fields "started on" & "Last accessed on" . Do you know which fields these are and under which table in the database please? 

I tried to use "startdate" and "enddate" in the course table but it is not giving me the same result as the default report.

Many Thanks

Sheick

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
What "started on" & "Last accessed on" dates are those? Course dates? Or specific activity dates (e.g. quiz)?