Add guest access courses to starred courses block

Add guest access courses to starred courses block

by Simon Lewis -
Number of replies: 1

I'm testing out moodle 3.6.1 with a boost based child theme and I'm trying to get most out of the new features such as the course overview block, starred courses and nav-drawer mycourses menu.

We have lots of information only courses/pages open to all users on our system. If we enrol all users onto these courses then they appear in the course overview block and they can then 'star' or remove from the course overview, but then the mycourses list in the drawer is very long, too long (20-30). So we thought we would just open the information courses as guest access to everyone. But then users can't 'star' these courses. Or am I missing something?

Basically I want the mycourses in the nav-drawer to have their enrolled on core courses (about 5) and then users can favourite guest access information pages. The course overview block the user can edit themselves so it's as much of a problem.

Has anyone found a good way to use all these things together without long lists in anyone place?

thanks,

Simon

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Simon Lewis

Re: Add guest access courses to starred courses block

by Simon Lewis -

For info: I found a way round it in the end. I copied the functionality to star courses from myoverview and starred courses block on the front page, and then added it to the page header in my theme. Took a lot of faffing with amd but it works.