Feedback on my Moodle ideas

Feedback on my Moodle ideas

by Bryn Jones -
Number of replies: 1
I'm trying to move some existing courses into Moodle and so far am very impressed with how easy Moodle is to use and the progress we've made in one week from downloading Moodle.

If this is not the best forum for my question please advise which is.

I've pasted a slab of html into the summary section and used that to change the top frame into a constant menu with links that are always needed in my course.

It was a left field effort and took me 30 tries to get to where I am now but it works. There seem to be some funny line break issues when you paste html into the summary box from Dreamweaver.

I haven't seen this use of the summary frame in any other Moodle yet and would like some help with it, it seems useful for others.

If you want to look at it, go to http://ictpd.net/moodle

Click on ICTPD Trial on the left
You must register
Guest access is not permitted.

You will be asked for an enrolment key,
the key is- freepdforme

Check out Module 1 and tell me what you think. I want to integrate the colours of Moodle with my colours. The ones at the top of the screen came up by themselves. I did nothing to the theme so I'm not sure where they came from. Can anyone explain. Something to do with stylesheets.

One thing I would like is a way to integrate the colours and graphic design of the Moodle part at the top with my web page parts at the bottom of the top frame.

Also can I have that top frame summary call up and display the contents of a URL (as the bottom frame does) rather than me having to paste it in 15 times and re-paste it 15 times every time it changes.

Thanks
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bryn Jones

Re: Feedback on my Moodle ideas

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hmm ... I think you would be better served by creating a custom theme.

Copy a folder in moodle/theme to your own name, then select it from your Admin -> Configuration -> Themes menu.  Then look in the files in your theme, you want to edit header.html.

The extra colours you are seeing are probably caused by incomplete TABLE tags in your summary addons.