Moodle Mobile app not syncing / not downloading contents for offline usage

Moodle Mobile app not syncing / not downloading contents for offline usage

by Es Bee -
Number of replies: 8

The login to the Moodle Mobile app is working fine, and Moodle Mobile also shows all available contents. However, it is not possible to download contents for offline usage. When I click on the download icon, it changes to the moving circle, yet it does not download. The icon suggests that it is downloading. When I check App Settings > Space Usage, it shows no change, even after waiting for an half hour and longer. When I click on download it even tells me the size of the files that are going to be downloaded "Do you really want to download XX MB?" - so the communication to the Moodle server seems fine. 

I activated the debugging in the Moodle Mobile app as well as for Moodle. However, it does not show any messages. 

Do you have any pointers, where best to start the troubleshooting? What to look out for to enable syncing of the Moodle Mobile app again? 

Many thanks for your support!

Attachment Screenshot 2019-02-20 at 17.38.35.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Es Bee

Re: Moodle Mobile app not syncing / not downloading contents for offline usage

by Isabel Renedo -
Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello,

Do you have any pointers, where best to start the troubleshooting?

Just some suggestions: Does it happen with every kind of resource and activity? Can you open that resource/activity correctly using the Web version in the device? Can you check if it happens both in iOS devices and Android devices?

Regards,

Isabel

In reply to Isabel Renedo

by Es Bee -

Dear Isabel, 

many thanks for your reply. So it does show the same behavior on iOS and Android devices and it applies to any kind of resource. If I try to open a file (PDF) in the Moodle Mobile app, it shows me "Error while downloading content". And it does not download any data - regardless of being logged in as a student or administrator. 

Do you have any ideas where to best start the troubleshooting? Or what could possibly cause this behavior? 

As I am able to log in to the Moodle Mobile app, it seems that server connections to our Moodle server are possible from the Moodle Mobile app. 

Thanks!

by Андрій Петренко -

Hello

I have the same trouble. In my courses there Lessons activities and Multiple choice tests activities.

Somehow app shows download icons, but after tapping on any of them, app offers to download 0 bytes.

by Deogratias RUTEBUKA -

I do have encountered similar issue while trying to download the contents in Moodle Apps on a tablet for use while offline. My app contains video,audio and pictures embedded. I am trying to think on different causes: version of the app,configurations . What do you think is the issue behind? 

Whenever i try  to download i get a message saying "you are about to download 0 bytes. Do you want to continue?"

In reply to Es Bee

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

what's your Moodle version? are you using the latest Mobile app version? is all your content embedded? are you trying to download using Wifi?

Downloading content should work fine even when downloading content embedded (but the app won't be able to calculate the amount of data to be downloaded)

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Андрій Петренко -

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

Moodle ver. 3.6.3+

Moodle app version - latest

Did not understood about embedded content - all the course data placed in sites database, there is no content from dedicated hosts.

Tried to download using all kinds of connection, even tried to download via ethernet on desktop version of app.

Kind regards,

Andrii

In reply to Андрій Петренко

by George Nyamweya -
Hello 
Was this issue resolved. Running into the same problem. Errors Downloading
In reply to Андрій Петренко

by George Nyamweya -
Hello 
Was this issue resolved. Running into the same problem. Errors Downloading