Multiple Permisions

Multiple Permisions

by Justin Cloete -
Number of replies: 2

Hi

I am needing some advice regarding permissions on the Configurable reports.

The situation is this I have 2 different reports Report A1 and Report A2 and three different users X, Y and Z

Currently, I am using a user field "Group" I then enter a team name eg Team X into user X profile field and I then state that the report is only visible if "Group" = Team X I then do the same for Team Y

Currently, it is set up as follows.

Report A1 is visible to team X because "Group" = Team X

Report A2 is visible to team X because "Group" = Team Y

The problem is this I how have User Z who needs access to Report A1 and Report A2

How can I add more than one user field value s

c1 User field value  Group = Team X
 c2  User field value  Employee ID = A123

so that I can create a condition C1 or C2 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Justin Cloete

Re: Multiple Permisions

by Justin Cloete -

Currently, Configurable reports allow you to add only one  "User field value" is there any way to get it to allow you to add two different "user field value" fields to the restrictions or some way to allow it to accept different values for the same field.

Basically what I am asking is currently the system only allows 1 "User field value" to be used as part of the restrictions, is there any way to set it to allow you to use more than one "User field value".

Currently, I am using a custom field on the user profile page in this field I enter the team name, on the report, I then state that the custom field must contain that team name.

The problem I am having is I now have 2 users "user 1" and "user 2"

"user 1" needs to access Team X's report only

"user 2" need to access Team X and Team Y's report

Problem

If I enter Team X into "user 2" custom profile field they can see Team X's report but not Y's. I can't enter "TeamX TeamY" into "user 2" custom profile field because configurable report "User field value" only allows = and does not allow "contains"

Currently, if I add "User field value" to the restrictions it is removed from the list which means I can't add a second "User field value" to the restriction page.