URGENT: Annotate not consistent when opening pdf documents

URGENT: Annotate not consistent when opening pdf documents

by Teresa Fryer -
Number of replies: 2

We are using Moodle 3.3.

We have a group of learners who have uploaded a pdf document as an assignment. When grading the document after it has opened in annotate, some of the learner pdf documents appear blank where others will open. I have downloaded the files to test if they work offline and they are fine. File names are consistent with all learners and size of files are also similar. Does anyone know a reason why some documents are opening blank?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Teresa Fryer

Re: URGENT: Annotate not consistent when opening pdf documents

by David Morrow -

Teresa,

Any chance that it is a timing issue? By default, the scheduled task that prepares the files for annotation runs every 15 minutes. If the submission is graded before the next scheduled run, it will not have been converted yet. I'm not, however, really sure if this matters if the submissions was already a PDF. Just a thought.

David

In reply to David Morrow

Re: URGENT: Annotate not consistent when opening pdf documents

by Teresa Fryer -

Hi David

Thanks for the response however I don't think that's the issue. We've been testing over a period of 24 hours and nothing changes - this is a weird one. We've tried everything we can think of but the problem remains for the same people and their assignments.

Teresa