Unoconv and grading - not generating pdf

Unoconv and grading - not generating pdf

by Lori Bakken -
Number of replies: 0

I have 3 moodle instances on the same server running the same version. Since I upgraded to 3.6.2, 1 of them is having issues converting student submission (docx) documents to pdf's for annotated grading.

My tests that I've run produce non-consistent results:

I will refer to instances as instance a, b, and c – where c is our most active

Test 1:

Newly created Docx files in Word 2013

a) Instance a - Existing course/assignment - edited submission, uploaded new doc, went into grading and pdf was generated.

b) Instance b - Existing course/assignment - edited submission, uploaded new doc, went into grading and pdf was generated.

c) Instance c - Existing course/assignment - edited submission, uploaded new doc, went into grading and pdf was generated.

Test 2:

Downloaded submitted doc from student submission on instance c that is not generating pdf

a) Instance a - Existing course/assignment - edited submission, uploaded new doc, went into grading and pdf was generated.

b) Instance b - Existing course/assignment - edited submission, uploaded new doc, went into grading and pdf was generated.

c) Instance c - Existing course/assignment - edited submission, uploaded new doc, went into grading and pdf was blank

Test 3:

Used same doc from test 2, but open and saved as a new document with a new filename

Stopped testing a and b as it doesn't seem to be an issue

Instance c - Existing course/assignment - edited submission, uploaded new doc, went into grading and pdf generated as expected

Test 4:

Went into an existing course/assignment where issues was reported to me.  First assignment - grade - went through all assignments and pdf was generated from docx submissions for all students.

2nd assignment - no submitted documents are being generated.

Once in awhile this error appears in my log:

PHP Warning: touch(): Utime failed: Permission denied in ../moodle/files/converter/unoconv/classes/converter.php on line 139

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue might be?

Average of ratings: -