Adding "aspect" to a quiz

Adding "aspect" to a quiz

- Sebastian H. の投稿
返信数: 3
画像 Testers

Hi Moodlers,

how would you add points to a quiz that are gained outside moodle? Something like a grading aspect but inside a test? We could use an essay question, but as student enter text there sometimes we are looking for another solution?

How do you grade in situations like this? For example sketches that are part of an examination?

Best regards

Sebastian

Sebastian H. への返信

Re: Adding "aspect" to a quiz

- Mary Cooch の投稿
画像 Documentation writers 画像 Moodle HQ 画像 Particularly helpful Moodlers 画像 Testers 画像 Translators

I'm just going to move this to the Quiz forum for some other suggestions

I still think you could use the Essay question - if you require them to enter text then tell them simply to type "I have send you my sketch" - and then you are free to grade the Essay question based on their sketch that they handed to you outside of Moodle.

Alternatively if it is something they can actually upload then they could upload it, without text, and you can still grade there.

Or have I misunderstood your need?

Mary Cooch への返信

Re: Adding "aspect" to a quiz

- Sebastian H. の投稿
画像 Testers

Hi Mary,

thanks for your answer and for moving the topic. The essay question would be great if one could configure it like: No editor + no upload (+warning "are you sure that you want to save it without the possibility to enter something"). When we present it with a text field - even if we enter a response template "NO TEXT NEEDED" - students enter text there, which has to be read by teachers. 

The work that has to be graded in the quiz is not uploadable :D

Best regards

Sebastian

Sebastian H. への返信

Re: Re: Adding "aspect" to a quiz

- Brendon Hatcher の投稿
Hi Sebastian

I know this is a very late response. My company paid a developer to make a custom quiz question type for precisely this purpose.
I haven't had it approved and added to the repository yet, but I can give you a copy of the install file.

Regards
Brendon