Changes in css visible to all users

Changes in css visible to all users

by Chelsy Ann Koshy -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I am using moodle 3.5 with edwiser remui theme.I added custom css 

ex: to reduce height of the html block added in dashboard page

#inst690{height:100px;}

(This id is showing when we inspect reset default dashboard pages).

Then i reset dashboard page for all users..that height is not taken..in fact when i inspect the dashboard page the section/div id is different for dashboard page,rest default dashboardpage and all users..So,how can i use css that will affect all the users dashboard page

Thanks,

Chelsy

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chelsy Ann Koshy

Re: Changes in css visible to all users

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Chelsy,

As the RemUI theme is commercial there is not a 100% way of knowing if anything suggested here would work.  And as the theme is unavailable we can't try out your CSS to determine why and a solution.  You need to contact Edwiser support.

G

by Sarang Nair -
Hi Chelsy Ann Koshy

I would suggest you follow this pattern to adding CSS code in the Dashboard page as the ID changes as per the block location on the user's dashboard.
Add the HTML block to the dashboard page using Reset Dashboard for all users setting. Once the HTML block is added to all the users, inspect the element on your dashboard page and add relevant CSS code to Edwiser RemUI general settings > Custom CSS section.

by Anthony Rimmer -
Hi Chelsy,

As Gareth suggested, the theme might not behave as the core themes would.

You could try specifying an 'Additional CSS Class' in the HTML block settings (You'd need to enable the feature first).

Then target that class to style throughout the site (if the theme utilises this functionality).
https://docs.moodle.org/35/en/HTML_block

Anthony