Help with: Insert image in text editor

Help with: Insert image in text editor

by Ash S -
Number of replies: 3

Hello smart people,

Need some help on using the text editor for inserting pictures.

Insert or edit image: I want to insert a picture in the text editor by sharing one from my Google drive. How do I do that? I have tried bringing in a shareable link of that file and pasting it in the "Enter URL", in the image properties dialog box. However, the link doesn't show up in the text editor, neither the picture appear after I save and return.

Insert or edit an audio/video file:  This is working fine however. I follow the same procedure as above; bring in a shareable link of YouTube video and paste it in the "source URL" in the insert media dialog box. The link to the video file successfully shows up in the text editor and thereafter if I save and return, it plays prefect.

But, Insert image is not working? Any insight?

Thanks in Advance

ASh

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ash S

Re: Help with: Insert image in text editor

by David Morrow -

Ash,

I think that you need the address of the image file instead of a sharable link. That sort of URL would end with the file extension of the image file (https://www.somewebsite.com/images/puppies.jpg). I don't think you can do that with an image in Google Drive. You could highlight some text and use the link tool to make a hyperlink to the image, but it won't display on the Moodle page.

I think.

David

In reply to David Morrow

by Ash S -

Thanks David. At least, its kind of confirmed that I am not doing anything silly at my end.

However, I am still looking for a way to show an image (for example as part of a Quiz question) from an external source without actually uploading it to the moodle server

Thanks heaps in advance everyone.

In reply to Ash S

by Floyd Saner -
Ash, 

Actually you can embed images from a Google drive, but the code is a bit different from the shareable link code. The image below is an image on one of my Google drives. The general code format is

Boy in Guatemala with hoe.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)