File Activity - possible to add a button when users reaches bottom of document?

File Activity - possible to add a button when users reaches bottom of document?

by Ted Long -
Number of replies: 1

Hi

We currently get users to read PDFs via the file activity.  We would like to make it a bit more user friendly so that when a reader reaches the bottom of the document (currently embedded), they are prompted with some form of pop up to let me easily navigate to the next section.

Can anyone help?  Is this possible?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ted Long

Re: File Activity - possible to add a button when users reaches bottom of document?

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Ted,

I used to use PDF's but switched to using Book resources for a couple of reasons. One, PDF's were much more time consuming and awkward to edit and update. Two, there was no simple way to create a link/path to another PDF, reading assignment, or directions.

Using Book's had multiple advantages. I could edit, if needed, right in Moodle. I could break up long PDF's by splitting into chapters and sub-chapters. And the one you need, I could enter HTML links that would take my students directly to the next needed location in the course. Just go to the location I wanted to go to, copy the URL, go to the point in the book where I wanted to jump from, insert the URL link, then save the book. In many cases, I would have multiple links since I taught 7th and 8th graders, and depending on the grade of the student, they would need to jump to different places, sometimes.