Blocks on course pages

Blocks on course pages

by Annie Price -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

Can anyone point me to the instructions for adding blocks to the actual course pages please.

Annie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Annie Price

Re: Blocks on course pages

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Annie

When you are inside a course, click top of the right column the button "Turn editing on". Now look down on the right column, you see a drop down windows, they show you "Add". By a click on the arrows <-> you have the choice to place the block left or right. Thats all!

But the editing mode can only see the assign administrator, the assign teacher or the assign creator. Hope this helps you.

Bye Andy
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Annie Price -

Hiya

Thanks for the info ....

I tried that but it doesn't put any blocks on the actual lesson pages, just on the outline page.

Annie

In reply to Annie Price

by Jan Dierckx -

Ok, the page that shows the outline of a course is commonly called the course page in Moodlespeak.

I guess you want to add blocks to pages with activities (again, Moodlespeak). You want a block to appear next to a forum / wiki / assignment / etc...

Unfortunately, up to now only the chat and the quiz activity allow blocks to be added to the activity page. I believe some progress has been made to allow blocks on resource pages as well. Try it with these activities first.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Annie Price -

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the information (and the lesson in Moodlespeak lol - it will take a while to get used to the terminology I guess - something I was never any good with anyway!  A normal sentance for me is something like ... 'you know that thingy on the wotsit to control the gizmo' ... hey I know what I mean big grin).

My courses only use the lessons module (at present) so I guess for the moment I won't be able to put blocks on the pages.  They do look terribly bare and uninspiring though - shame.

Annie

Average of ratings: Useful (1)