boost fontawesome graphic changes

boost fontawesome graphic changes

by A Guy -
Number of replies: 4

If I wanted to change a Moodle graphic icon and I am using Boost theme how do I overwrite that? I understand creating a child theme etc is the proper way to go. But I am just interested in changing the Boost theme specific fontawesome icon to test it out quickly and simply. Of course the Boost theme config.php file shows $THEME->iconsystem = \core\output\icon_system::FONTAWESOME; I have read the documentation but I am not really understanding how to effect this change in the code. Also when I put for example

<i class="far fa-user"></I> in the mustache the image is broken in the user/browser view. So I'm not understanding how to modify a theme in this regard. Thanks in advance for pointers!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to A Guy

Re: boost fontawesome graphic changes

by A Guy -

So I found out that on a one-by-one basis you can add the icon class and aria-hidden='true' to <i class="far fa-user"></I> to make it <i class='icon fa fa-user-o' aria-hidden='true'></I> etc but I am still not seeing a way to make the changes through the them config files for the entire site. Does anyone know how to do this? So maybe I wanted to change the certificate icon or the quiz icon for example. How does this get done with fontawesome and Boost? I know how to over write the icons themselves if they were physical files. But that is obviously not the case here. Anyone? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Detailed Example? Thanks!

In reply to A Guy

by Neill Magill -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
In reply to Neill Magill

by A Guy -

I saw those as well. But I don't know what to do with them. For example, just randomly selecting from _icons.scss I see .#{$fa-css-prefix}-power-off:before { content: $fa-var-power-off; } so where are those PHP variables being set? Or how do I find the one that I want to change? And where do I change it so it points to a new fontawesome icon? In the above example is $fa-var-power-off pointing to the fontawesom "fa circle-user"? I couldn't find $fa-var-power-off to change it to "fa circle-user".