Badge expiry notifications

Re: Badge expiry notifications

by Edward Bolton -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Raymond, 

no none so far.  i am currently looking into SQL queries that will give me a list of all the users who have been issued the badges and their expiry dates.  This will give a list to an administrator but the notifications would be a manual process.  I have also done some further testing on the process of issuing badges as part of CPD

I ran a test whereby I created a e-learning package representing some mandatory training. At the point of completion this issues a badge that expires after a period of time (5 Minutes) and access to the re-accreditation quiz then became available. The student test account can then do the re-accreditation .

Results

• The same badge cannot be issued twice even if it has expired (expiry is not reset)
  • Issued badges, even if expired, are perpetual
  • The initial e-learning is still available but re completing this does not reissue a badge.
  • I cannot see a logical process that would look at badge expiry to issue subsequent badges
  • Resetting activity completion (don't know how to do this) on the original activity would probably (best scenario) revoke the original badge and there would be no record of them completing it in the first place(worst scenario it breaks the system) is there anyway of testing this?
  • re-accreditation quiz can be setup to issue a new badge on completion. this would need a slightly different title (Data Protection 2 year refresher)
  • However, from the points above we would need a new quiz (and badge) for each refresher (2 year, 4year, 6year....)
  • We would then need to restrict access to the quiz once it has been completed or ideally make it disappear so that only the relevant re-accreditation quiz is available.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Edward Bolton

Re: Badge expiry notifications

by Toni Sutoni -

Nobody has responded ...  I also need answers to the questions above. or Maybe this can be input for development for the next version.

recommended scenario for developer :
Create triger: if badges are expired, then the completion course and quiz are reset again so that course material and quiz can be accessed again.

What about history badges, quizzes and course completion materials?
There may need to be additional tables, it is needed to move transaction data to history data.

Best Regards,

Toni