Moodle desktop and app do not support these text filters

Moodle desktop and app do not support these text filters

by Ger Tielemans -
Number of replies: 4

The following filters (the first two are my favorites!) do not work in Moodle desktop and Moodle app"

Other filters who work:

• VideoEasy
  • Generico (with exception of layout issues like in the post-it example or countdown_A04)
  • Combination of TeX and Bret Victor's Tangle javascript works (see picture)
  • Also HTML Simulations created with Netlogo Web work nice in the desktop 
(although I get the message: "error downloading files. Some files might be missing")

By the way, TOC of a book module becomes a strange "Dog ear"

Attachment screendump330.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ger Tielemans

Re: Moodle desktop and app do not support these text filters

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

those filters are mostly Moodle plugins not supported by the standard Moodle distribution.

Some filters may work in the app without any change but others may not, this is our of our control, because as I said, they are not core plugins (just contributed filters)

Regards, Juan

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I am not sure I understand.

Moodle is not just an off-the-shelf appication. It is an extensible system to which peopel are encourage to add plugins.

If the mobile app does not support filter pluings, then it does not support filters, and that is a problem for the app, not a problem for specific filter plugins.

I am not saying that solving this would be easy, or whether solving this is a high priority or not. I am just saying what users would expect, given the design principles that Moodle is based upon (https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Moodle_architecture#Moodle_as_a_modular_system).

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Tim,

maybe I didn't explain it properly.

I'm talking about contributed Moodle plugins that do not implement any type of support for Mobile.

We are always working on improving the compatibility of the app with any type of Moodle plugin. For example, we have an open issue for improving how Moodle filters are supported.

As I tried to explain before, some contributed filter plugins may work in the app without any change (especially those that just manipulate text), but others, that requires external libraries (like Javascript) won't work in the app.

Regards, Juan

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Juan Leyva

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for clarifying. That sounds good.