moodle blocks fail to hide for a certain role

moodle blocks fail to hide for a certain role

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 2

I am trying to prevent students from seeing certain blocks, such as private files and online users. 

I have already changed the permission and even put the student role under the prohibited category, but the problem is that when I login with a student account, the block is still visible. 

I don't want to hide the block completely from hide/show option since I want the managers and also the teachers to be able to see the block!

Does anyone have a clue?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Deleted user

Re: moodle blocks fail to hide for a certain role

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello,

Hopefully the documentation Blocks FAQ will explain all, but if not, please provide more details of where exactly that you want to hide a block.

In reply to Deleted user

Re: moodle blocks fail to hide for a certain role

by John Provasnik -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Hi Mehran- 

Do you mean the "content" inside of those blocks are hidden from students, however that students can still see the block itself? 

You'll have to go into the permissions of the block itself and remove the view permission for students & authenticated users for the block to disappear entirely for students.