Quiz access restrictions

Quiz access restrictions

by Al Henneberger -
Number of replies: 0

Running 3.5.3+ in a corporate environment.

Scenario:  A student is enrolled in a course and takes and passes the exam.  At some indeterminate time later, the course and exam are revised/updated.

Desire:  

A) I want the updated exam hidden from the students who took and passed a previous revision (this one I figured out).  

B) I want previous revision exams available to the student for review if and only if they passed that version exam.  

For example, Rev 0 of an exam is taken by numerous students including student S.  Later, Rev 1 is issued and students T and so on are enrolled.  Student S does not need to see Rev 1 exam but I want him to continue to see Rev 0 (if they so desire) and I do not want student T to see Rev 0 only Rev 1.

For part A, I set the Restriction to not show if that student already has a passing course grade.  Specifically, the restriction reads:  Not available unless: You do not get certain scores in Course total (hidden otherwise).

However, I am stuck on part B.  I could create a new course for each revision, but that will generate a profusion of courses.  Plus, students do not always take exams when they are supposed to and I do not want to enroll those who did not take the exam in another course and I want those who have taken it to have access to updated materials.  I thought I could use a grade restriction, but the grade restriction does not have that quizzes grade as an option.  I guess I could put the passing students in a group and base the restriction off of that, but that complicates things for the teachers.  I'd rather have the complication on my side.

The table below summarizes my desires.

Took Rev 0 Did not take Rev 0 Took Rev 1 Did not take Rev 1
Rev 0 SeeSee (before Rev 1)
Not see (after Rev 1)
Not seeNot see
Rev 1 Not seeNot see Rev 0SeeSee (before Rev 2)
Not see (after Rev 2)
Rev 2 Not seeNot see Rev 0 or 1Not seeSee

Is there a way to do this?  If so, how?

Thank you for your assistance.

Average of ratings: -