App banner not showing

App banner not showing

by Andrew Earley -
Number of replies: 2

The app banner is not showing when tool_mobile | enablesmartappbanners is set to Yes.

I have read : https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Moodle_app_guide_for_admins#App_banners

which states: 

• App banners for iOS devices (iPhone, iPad or iPod) are only shown when accessing the site using the Safari browser
  • App banners for Android devices are only shown in very recent Chrome browser versions and when the app is not installed. Note also that Chrome uses an engagement heuristic that will display the banner only on certain conditions, like interactions with the site, the last time you interacted with it, etc. You can remove the engagement restriction check by disabling this special chrome flag: chrome://flags/#bypass-app-banner-engagement-checks

This was tested by using an Android device without the app installed in a recent chrome version.

Where does this banner normally appear as I think it may be our theme that is causing this to not appear.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Andrew Earley

Re: App banner not showing

by Andrew Earley -

Does anyone have any information that could be of help?

In reply to Andrew Earley

Re: App banner not showing

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

I think tht Android is not fully supporting this kind of banners anymore, but, if you want to try how it looks, you should change the Chrome flag indicated in the document.

Just check in google how you can change your mobile Chrome browser flags and try again

Regards, Juan