Themes: Eguru

Themes: Eguru

by Marco Zarpellon -
Number of replies: 10

hi all have updated the templte we are using eguru for the latest version to solve the problem token login, present in the latest update of moodle 3.5 as you see from the attached files I have a problem when I enter within the area of the site, it seems that we see a part of the footer that remains in evidence the site in question is a test environment I can not solve the problem

Can it be the php version ????

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marco Zarpellon

Re: Themes: Eguru

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Latest?  What was the 'latest' version on 'Monday, 3 December 2018, 2:27 PM'?  What is the latest version now please?  Is it the same or has it changed?  Do you have the latest version of 'Monday, 3 December 2018, 2:27 PM' or was it in fact different?

The word 'latest' is just a pointer to a temporal belief reference to a given version that a person believes is a certain value at any given time.  However this is not a replicate-able situation as 'latest' is not constant.  Therefore to be able to solve any given software problem then all parties need to be using the same version and therefore 'latest' is not a reliable criteria.

This is why we ask for the specific versions.  Therefore please, please, please take the time and state the actual version!  Not doing so only delays an potential answer for you as we have to ask for the version!  There is no point attempting to fix something that may already have been fixed or any given solution example does not fit the code to which you are actually using.

You also ask 'Can it be the php version ????' = I don't know because I don't know what version of PHP you're using because you've not actually stated that!

You've also presented the issue but not stated what changes you've actually made, so no way of telling how your code has broken it because there is no modified code to examine.  Help us help you!

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Fernando Acedo -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

This post should be pinned in the themes forum permanently approve

Or at least, the content added to the forum rules.

In reply to Fernando Acedo

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Fernando,

I'm going to think of something as clearly there is an issue whereby help is delayed because of the lack of vital information to the problem solving process.  Along with the possibility of going down the wrong path and wasting time.

G

by Marco Zarpellon -

hello I apologize, if I have not been clear.
The php version is php 7.32.
The problem is that I have installed 3.5 templates in version 3.6, can this be the problem ??
hi Marco

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Marco,

Ok, I'm now confused as you've just said that you're using Moodle 3.6 but in the original post you stated 'moodle 3.5'.  Ok:

• What version of Moodle are you actually using please?
  • What version of the Eguru theme are you using please?
  • What code changes have you made?  i.e. please be more specific about what "The problem is that I have installed 3.5 templates in version 3.6, can this be the problem" means please?  Does this mean that you attempted to solve the problem of it being broken by using the Moodle 3.5 templates in Moodle 3.6?  If so then what templates?  Where did they come from?  The Boost theme or somewhere else?

Gareth

by Marco Zarpellon -

hello I used the 5.3 template in version 3.6, I did not notice.
I have not made any code changes is native code
Thanks Marco

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Marco,

Looking at https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=theme_eguru, there is no version 5.3.

Kind regards,

Gareth

by Marco Zarpellon -

sorry 3.5 template version

by Gareth J Barnard -

Template version?  Are you talking about templates: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Templates or themes: https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Themes ? as they are different concepts.  If you really mean a 'theme' then the 3.5 version of eGuru (2018051200) for Moodle 3.5 but is no longer available and there is a later version, currently v3.5.3 (2018111500).  But then they are designed for Moodle 3.5.  So to be sure are you running Moodle 3.5 or 3.6 or something else?

by Marco Zarpellon -

hello guys I solved the problem, it happens when I upgrade moodle to 3.6.
Eguru template is not available for version 3.6
Thanks Marco