Mobile setup shows SSL errors but my certificate and chain is complete

Mobile setup shows SSL errors but my certificate and chain is complete

by Don Schwartz -
Number of replies: 3

Letsencrypt on AWS Linux. Fully tested and working via Geocerts ssl checker
LetsEncrypt is using auto update

Mobile app connects, authenticates and works perfectly on previously installed devices. We installed on two phones over 6 months ago.

Problem:

I can no longer show the mobile install link because the Mobile setup page says the certificate is expired.

I think this began with an earlier 3.5.X Git update 
Currently at Moodle 3.5.3+ (Build: 20181123)

I've read that it may be a Curl issue but have no idea how to fix
This tracer issue must be the same problem https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-62832

*I am not allowed to share the URL as the site is under stealth development

thanks in advance

mobile settings page errors

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Don Schwartz

Re: Mobile setup shows SSL errors but my certificate and chain is complete

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

those messages are simple warnings for giving some clues about possible misconfigurations when the app is not working.

If the app is working as expected, you can safely ignore them. I'll create an issue to display a message indicating this.

In reply to Juan Leyva

by Don Schwartz -

Gracias Juan,

But --- This also prevents the site from displaying the get Moodle Mobile link in the footer

At least that's why I think it will not display. Boost/Default with display app banners checked

In reply to Don Schwartz

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Don,

they are just warning, they shouldn't be preventing the get Moodle Mobile link to be displayed.

I think that this link is only displayed for users not having the app installed yet. (We know that because when the app is open in a user device the access is logged in Moodle)

Regards, Juan