The Moodle prototypes page is something useful in the processus of developments involved for new features.
But it should be updated to better reflect the actual states of these different prototypes, by (at your choice) :
- indicating dates of proposal, and targeted Moodle version
- indicating version of Moodle really integrating the feature in core
- deleting prototypes integrated in core
I really think it's important to show clear and useful information, and avoid old things. At least, you could have (at the end), a section "Old prototypes", which lists them, indicating clearly in which version the functionnality was integrated in core.
Thanks Sander for this doc page with (next time) all prototype versions
But it would be good to have (1) the login information for access and (2) the same login as possible for all prototypes
For example :
- pdfcomments --> student1 / s1pass _ student2 / s2pass _ teacher1 / t1pass _ teacher2 / t2pass
- calendar --> diane / x _ sally / x _ mary / x
- fontawesome --> t1 / t1 _ s1 / s1
- myoverview --> t1 / t1 _ s1 / s1
- office --> t1 / t1 _ s1 / s1 _ m1 / m1
- analyticsapi --> manager / test _ teacher1 / test
- stealth --> debug info with invalidrecord
- bulkcompletion --> upgrading process for the 3.4rc1
I totally agree with Luiggi on all the suggestions made!
When i asked the Prototype component, it was to create a tracker item for updating the prototype site ; so should we create one for updating the prototype documentation (with all things Luiggi suggested), or is it already somewhere?