Month from Date in another language

Month from Date in another language

by Stephen Oxlade -
Number of replies: 2

With the date - I would like to have the month in another language other than English. 

I have selected another language but the month still shows in English even when I select the date in the drop down. I could use {mlang} but cannot find anywhere to insert it.

Any help or advice gratefully received. Thank you.

Stephen

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Oxlade

Re: Month from Date in another language

by Health Nexus -

Hi there I'm also trying to find out how to do this.  The previous version of this certificate module used to do it but not sure how.

In reply to Health Nexus

Re: Month from Date in another language

by Health Nexus -

Actually I need to correct that - it's not the previous version of the certificate but rather the server it's installed to.  On our live server which is shared hosting the old certificate changes the language of the month depending on the language the user has selected.  But on our local sandbox or staging server neither the old nor the new certificate module will change the name of the month from English to the user's selected language even though it seems like the whole rest of the Moodle GUI changes language.  I just scoured all the questions in this forum to find posts sprinkled around it stating the same issue in different languages and no one has come up with any kind of response thus far.

I wonder what configuration in the OS or MySQL server is required to make the month names change language in accordance with the user's chosen Moodle language preference?  Any ideas would be appreciated even if you're not sure it will work I'd sure like some pointers on things I can check on since I'm otherwise out of ideas at this point.