Differences in Calendar behaviours between themes v3.6beta

Differences in Calendar behaviours between themes v3.6beta

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

The description of the test and my notes for MDLQA-12282 Moodle 3.6 QAMDLQA-12824

CLONE - A user can add a new event to the calendar

Description

1. Log in as an ordinary user and go to the calendar.  Y
  2. Click the 'New event' button, add an event title, then click the Save button.  Y
  3. Verify that the event is shown in the calendar on the correct date.    Verified
  4. Click on the event, then click the Edit button.  Y
  5. Click the 'Show more...' link and add a description, including an image or media file. Y
  6. Click the 'Show less..' link then 'Show more...' and verify that the description remains.  Verified
  7. Click the Save button, then click on the event. Y
  8. Verify that the description, including image or media file, is shown correctly.   Verified
  9. Edit the event again, click the 'Show more...' link and add an until date which is before the event date.   Y
  10. Click the Save button and verify that you are prompted to correct the until date.  Verified
  11. Correct the until date, then click the Save button.  Y
  12. Verify that the event is shown in the calendar on the correct dates.  Verified
  13. Click on any day in the calendar.   Y
  14. Verify that a 'New event' pop-up is shown - the same as when clicking the 'New event' button. Verified
  15. Verify that the 'New event' pop-up may be closed by clicking the x in the top right corner.  Verified 

Passed 

-------

This is the post in Q&A testing tracker

The opening, saving and editing process of the event dialogue works as required. Data is retained if the 'show more' screen is opened and closed, and a warning, in red, is showing if the duration time is set to end before the start time. This works with either hours or days for the incorrect end time. The 'New Event' dialogue opened and closed every time the appropriate button was clicked on in either theme.  

EDIT: On a retest, in both Clean and Boost the incorrect time warning works as it should, in red, but there are slightly different behaviours between Boost and Clean Themes with the Calendar. Click the date in the Calendar in the Boost theme of an existing meeting, the notice of meeting appears in the page, but not the calendar. Above that, the 'New Event' button appears. To open the Calendar itself, the Month name in the calendar block needs to be clicked. In the Clean Theme, the Calendar opens immediately when the date is clicked. I am not sure if this is planned or if it is a theme issue, most likely, I have images of the immediate screen after clicking on the date of an event, post them in the Q&A forum. I have marked the issue as passed at it meets the test criteria, but I would ask if consistent behaviours should occur despite the theme used? 

------

I do not use either theme on any of my Moodles so really have no understanding of either. This may be nothing or it may be something, I just don't know, so I have to ask.

This is the next screen after clicking on the date of a meeting in the Clean theme. 

Calendar in Clean    

This is the same point in the Boost theme

Same point in Boost theme as in Clean theme

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin Fraser

Re: Differences in Calendar behaviours between themes v3.6beta

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Colin,

Well spotted noticing the different calendar behaviours in Clean and Boost! Things like this are difficult for automated tests to detect, and are one of the reasons why manual QA testing is so valuable. smile

In general, when you run a QA test, if you're in doubt about anything, feel free to mark is as a fail to ensure that it gets some attention! Someone will then check it and report the problem as an MDL issue, or maybe clarify the test description as necessary.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

OK, not a problem Helen, I will keep that in mind in future. Cheers. wink

In reply to Colin Fraser

by Paul Raper -

I know this is cross posting, but it does seem to be relevant.

We have a course which is for international students and our own students alike.

We are looking to have 10 categories ranging from admin through to exams, holidays and timetable events.

The calendar therefore needs to be course specific and flexible to edit and add events and as I see it, the built in Moodle calendar doesn't allow this right?