restoring students work

Re: restoring students work

by Séverin Terrier -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

I think you should definetly create a tracker issue (if none already exists) about this problem, with most details as possible, and a complete way (step by step, with settings) to see the problem.

And then, indicate the link to the issue, so that everybody can vote/comment on it.

In my opinion, backup settings shouldn't have influence on the recycle bin, and recycle bin should always allow to recover everything that was existing, despite the backup settings.

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

回复: Re: restoring students work

by Nina Lopez -

I only know that I can retrieve deleted files from the empty recycle bin, but I don't know if these methods work for Moodle. This can be done using Windows Backup File History and Restore Previous Versions. If you are interested, choose the right method and give it a try.

In reply to Séverin Terrier

Re: restoring students work

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Just to note MDL-63263 is now resolved, so begining with Moodle 3.5.6 or 3.6.4 (or 3.5.x or 3.6.x versions from this week), recycle bin backups will always include users data.

An upgrade will be necessary to benefit of it.

HTH,
Séverin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)