CSS to remove course summary file

CSS to remove course summary file

by Elton LaClare -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I don't know if anyone else has noticed that when users select a course from the Available courses page of the Moodle app they see: 1) an image icon, 2) the course summary file name and 3) a download icon (see attached image below). 

app_screenshot

This seems to confuse most users, and I believe it would be better for them not to see it at all. I've been experimenting with custom CSS to remove this from the course page, but I'm a little unsure if what I've done will have any unintended effects elsewhere in the app. Here's what I've come up with...

ion-app.app-root .item-media { 
     min-height: 52px;
     display: none;
}

If there's anyone more knowledgeable than me who can comment on the CSS, that would be great.

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elton LaClare

Re: CSS to remove course summary file

by Pau Ferrer Ocaña -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Elton!

The files you are about to hide are the course overview files. If you are not using them is ok, but all files that are not linked in the description are not going to be shown in any place. I'd add a more specific selector adding the current state page you are in. In this case: page-core-courses-course-preview

Your solution will hide all item-media items in the code (and there are lots).

I'd change the selector to:

ion-app.app-root page-core-courses-course-preview .item-media 

or even:

ion-app.app-root page-core-courses-course-preview core-file

I hope this helps!

Pau

Average of ratings: Useful (1)