Configurable Report for Moodle up to 3.5

Configurable Report for Moodle up to 3.5

by Michael Milette -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Parts of Configurable Reports are compatible with Moodle 3.2, 3.3, 3,4 and 3.5 however there are definitely issues. For example, you can create custom SQL reports but can't import existing reports. Creating graphs doesn't work. Icons are broken and links to stylesheets are broken.

I fixed some of these issues in my fork at https://github.com/michael-milette/moodle-block_configurablereports/tree/MOODLE_33_STABLE which at least makes it usable in Moodle 3.2, 3.3, 3.4 and 3.5.

If anyone has fixes for remaining issues listed above in bold, please share them on the GitHub fork so that we can all get this very useful plugin back into a working state. Keep in mind that I am just looking to fix existing bugs/issues, not make enhancements the plugin.

Hopefully, one of these days, the fixes will be pulled into the official configurable Reports.

Hope you find this useful.

Best regards,

Michael Milette

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Michael Milette

Re: Configurable Report for Moodle up to 3.5

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Michael,

Thanks to share your work on the configurable reports bloc, to allow easier use with recent Moodle versions. I also really hope fixes will be integrated officially.

Sorry not to have solution for remaining problems, and hope someone else will provide useful information for that.

Best regards,
Séverin

by Luis de Vasconcelos -

Michael, please enable the Issue Tracker on your GitHub fork so we can report issues with your fork. (Unless you're using the Moodle Tracker. If so please post details).

Thanks.

In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Luis,

I am just implementing bug fixes that I and others create. To ensure that the issues and pull requests get addressed in the official master release, please submit your issues to:

https://github.com/jleyva/moodle-block_configurablereports/issues

I go by there every once in a while to integrate submitted pull requests for bug fixes into my fork. However, I am not adding features and not doing any development beyond that unless someone pays me to do. I need to focus on my current client related projects right now.

Best regards,

Michael

Average of ratings: Useful (3)

by Igor Khilman -

If we are talking about importing from github, then translation to version php 7.2 will help

The error occurs when in is_object (in the function urldecode_recursive configurable_reports/locallib.php:174) comes objects without a class definition, it returns false in 7.2 returns true

See http://php.net/manual/ru/function.is-object.php#refsect1-function.is-object-changelog

In reply to Igor Khilman

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

by Michael Milette -

Hi Rolf,

Not to my knowledge. I've tried other people's forks and have yet to come across a fork that addresses the issue of creating graphs in the Configurable Report plugin.

If you fix it, please share. I would be happy to integrate the fix.

Best regards,

Michael Milette

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.